View Single Post
Old 08-27-2019, 03:44 AM
joelouderestest
Fire Beetle

Bumping this, because my account I'm commenting with here is associated with a single Gmail account that Google has locked me out of for no clear reason, and many attempts I've made to contact them to recover the account have come up empty.

I had several Gmail accounts that I used for EQemulator server accounts, and when I recently returned to EQemu, I went to log back into them and restore everything to working order. Everything worked smoothly except for just this one account. For seemingly no reason, Google claimed they can't verify my identity and won't let me log into it. Just the one account. Everything worked for all the other accounts, I had all the info stored securely, was able to recover every other account despite no longer having the phone number I had when I made the accounts, but Google got hung up on the phone number for only this one.

I know what I can do is make a new Gmail account and then use it to make a new EQemu account, and then transfer all the characters from this account to the new account, and that's been my plan B if I need to (I'm obviously able to log into the server anyway, so I've been lazy about getting around to it), however it would be much easier to just let me change the email on the forum here.

Is there any particular reason why this option is disabled on this forum?