View Single Post
Old 02-16-2016, 04:27 PM
nalbikk
Fire Beetle

I would first like to say this isn’t meant to disrespect SOD in any way. After looking at their forums and wiki it is obvious the amount of time and effort that has gone into the project. I would like to thank everyone who has volunteered their time. SOD looks like it has amazing potential for a fun gaming experience.

With that said, the question I perviously asked was a valid source of discussion. Why should a new player start on SOD, which is extremely top heavy?

I logged in a new character and of the 100 people online only 10 were under 50. So, low level characters are going to experience the exact same problems of other low population EQEmu servers. Looking at the interactive zone connection map on SOD’s wiki there are tons of places to go and things to do at low levels. But without groups, the accessible content for a solo or boxed character(s) will be limited.

Maybe I am wrong, but it seems to me that SOD is not the place for the casual player. There is no population to support players who enjoy the journey more than the destination. It is a grind to the top just to grind some more.

Are levels 1-65 obsolete and the Game doesn’t really start until end game? If, so ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by burt6
There are currently multiple progression guilds that are gearing up through the content with a no ringer policy. My bard is in one right now that is currently wiping to teir 2 content while i post this.

Also there are multiple avenues for new players to get their character(s) to higer teirs on their own, many through new mechanics that are unique to the server, such as treasure hunting and bounties.
This comment just reiterates my point. The raid tiers are end game, but what about the beginning.

I would still vote for a new empty server for the EQEmu community.