View Single Post
Old 03-30-2017, 02:32 AM
Torven
Sarnak

I have an update to this model thanks to Demonstar's work. He has discovered in decompiles that ToHit gets a +10 then gets multiplied by 1.21. (this confirms the multiplier) I also discovered (from looking at Live's new UI numbers) that Sony added another +10 to Avoidance AC before running calcs with it. These +10s are why I needed an avoidance modifier to make the math fit better. Knowing this, we can swap the modifier out for the +10s:

Code:
if ((ToHit + 10) * 1.21 > AvoidanceAC + 10) then

MissRate = (AvoidanceAC + 10) / ((ToHit + 10) * 1.21 * 2)
	AvoidanceAC = (ToHit + 10) * 1.21 * MissRate * 2 - 10
	ToHit = (AvoidanceAC + 10) / MissRate / 2 / 1.21 - 10
else

MissRate = 1 - (ToHit + 10) * 1.21 / ((AvoidanceAC + 10) * 2)
	AvoidanceAC = (ToHit + 10) * 1.21 / (1 - MissRate) / 2 - 10
	ToHit = (AvoidanceAC + 10) * (1 - MissRate) * 2 / 1.21 - 10
end
I wouldn't be surprised if this produces precise output matching Sony's code. The previous version was so close that it's academic however.

It's interesting to note that the +10s show up in the new Live UI character sheet but were not factored in the old ATK and AC formulae.

Demonstar also discovered a way to get NPC offense and to-hit values from a handful of NPCs in the game. From this I was able to confirm that the methods I devised to estimate offense and to-hit values were fairly accurate.

'Mighty' buffed NPCs gain about 120 or 125 to-hit; the margin of error makes it difficult to know for sure. Note that this is before the 1.21 multiplier. They also gain significant AC from the buff in Classic, Kunark and Velious and none in Luclin. I parsed all PoP NPCs before they gained the buff so I don't know if bosses in that era have modified AC with the buff. Offense and Avoidance is unmodified.

Live's client now includes AC softcaps for all classes and levels in file 'ACMitigation.txt' in the Resources folder. Turns out the level 65 warrior softcap is actually 440 (not 430) with a 0.35 overcap multiplier. Reminder: Modern caps and overcap returns are different from old era EQ.

I have parsed offense/tohit/mitigation/avoidance for a large number of raid bosses in the game from classic to PoP and will be giving them to TAKP and PEQ. Some interesting findings:

* Lord Nagafen's offense is actually fairly high for his level/era.
* Most raid bosses have a small or even no to-hit/accuracy modifier, but some have a very large modifier. Notably: Yelinak, Velkator, Kael bosses, Drunder Rallos, PoAir and PoEarth bosses, Quarm. (didn't parse Dain)
* Most bosses don't have large offense modifiers. Even PoP bosses often have small modifiers, which is why those bosses low hit so much.
* Some bosses with large offense modifiers: AoW and Tunare (at least for the era), Dagarn (much larger than AoW's!), Thall Va Kelun, Aten, CoD Bertox, Drunder Rallos (very high), PoWater bosses, Time Rallos, Quarm.
* Time Rallos and Bertox have phases/stages to them where their offense, to-hit, AC, max hit and resists change.
* Luclin is known for high AC mobs, but the harder Velious bosses also have significant AC.
* PoP bosses have lower AC than the harder Velious bosses.
* Highest AC bosses I've found: Rhag`Mozdezh, A glyph covered serpent, Vyzh`dra the Cursed, Blood of Ssraeshza with ~1200. Vulak has ~1000. AoW ~900.
* Kaas Thox Xi Ans Dyek actually had only 100 AC. (for reference: common level 50+ NPCs have ~200)
* Few bosses have an avoidance modifier. Those that do: Vex Thal bosses (small), Diaku Overseer, CoD Bertox, PoWater bosses. Margin of error makes small modifiers lost in the noise however.