View Single Post
Old 01-04-2016, 08:18 PM
Sisca
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dremis View Post
Thanks for the info. I found the GM commands shortly after my last post. I'm gonna look into PEQ editor and Akka's EOC.

Now maybe I can return the favor.

I get this on mine also but I can still log in and play (at least on local machine) All my config files are set up for my lan IP instead of localhost. I'm using ROF client. The only way I got it to work was to change the listening port in login.ini to port 5999 since ROF uses that port instead of 5998. With it set to 5998 I get the black screen lockup you describe.

I'm about to copy my client to my sons pc and see if I can log in across my lan.
I'll let ya know if it works.

FYI I'm running a private server local/lan only using private login server.
Yeah changing the address to point to the actual port instead of the loopback fixed that error.

The second error - the query returned null error seemed to be fixed by adding an actual user to the login tables. Can't believe I forgot that part.

Once I got past all of that I was still getting the lockup after server select from the remote machine. Went through and specified the IP of the server machine, rebooted and ran the update pl script just to be sure and now it seems to be working fine.

Akkadius is there any chance of providing an option for bot installs?