View Single Post
Old 08-29-2016, 10:42 PM
Krran
Sarnak

I tend to take frequent breaks from EQ and come back when I get the itch. There is no real pattern, but I have always come back to EQ despite taking a break many times. There is a strong feeling of nostalgia when I go back and play again. When it becomes about numbers or collecting items, I slow down a bit.

I dislike EQ live for many common reasons. But, I have social difficulties as well that make it uncomfortable to interact with people. I could, possibly, play with a small group of people I grew to trust, but have never done so. So, I have played alone for the majority of the time I have discovered EQEmu.

I kind of created my own world on my private server, with all my own characters that I leveled up, and have a crude trading system between them. I geared up about 200 bots from cloth armor, so that took some time. Sometimes I raid (if you can call it that by yourself), sometimes I play a "Classic" style character, sometimes I play my original characters that I am just counting the AAs on at this point. It depends how I feel. I know there is a lot of pretend make believe stuff in how I play, but it is a game anyway. I like the world I made there.

Maybe that was too personal, but there you go.