View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 04:55 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

The Clerics are finished for now with their Tier 1 quests and ready for the Alpha test phase. I'll be releasing info on the Enchanter paths soon so keep checking here for updates!

Also, please sign up on the forums and tell me which path interests you on the general discussion thread I have open. I am getting feedback early to get ideas on improving the class paths or just to see which path looks appealing to a player. So far it's been a good variety of responses.

The path ideas of this server are to give players a lot of choices which makes an mmorpg more fun to play. I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks the cleric class on live or on pretty much any other server is as boring to play as watching paint dry. Let's not help the team for anything with damage, let's look at the hp bars and watch tv.. *yawns*. I've made sure the classes on Varlyndria are not "stuck" in a role and have a lot more freedom and variety. Keep in mind there might feel like a "stuck phase" when you choose a path and find out you can't be anything else without losing all of the gear you got from the one you are previously. I do it for balance reasons, but at least I'm giving players the choice of what they want to be instead of.. "you're a healer and nothing else."

When it comes to class paths like the Heretic or Battle Priest; I have basically given the cleric a change of pace from being main healer only to be more of a team booster or pure damage dealer. Keep in mind that the original spell book of the cleric is not changed in this process so they don't lose their powers to complete heal or anything like that. They are afterall still clerics but those two paths will not be anything near the healing power of the Celestial Champion which does get a pet to make the healing process a bit more fun but they will also get instant cast heals and Healing +% focus effects as well which the other paths will not, making them the ultimate healer on Varlyndria.

www.varlyndria.weebly.com/forums