View Single Post
Old 06-02-2015, 01:52 AM
Shendare
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimluck View Post
Her fix didn't work.

Which file were you specificly referring to? Maybe i can poke around and look at why the pickchar.mp3 isn't working.
If music was playing in some clients but not others, I was guessing that there was an issue with the sound emitter settings for the character selection/creation zone file (clz.eqg) for the broken client(s), but there don't appear to be any emitter files for clz, so that doesn't appear to be the issue.

I don't know what the issue you're reporting is, exactly. All three clients appear to play eqtheme.mp3 during character selection and creation. Verified by renaming elddar.mp3 to eqtheme.mp3 and firing up the client. pickchar.xmi appears to be completely ignored. Not referenced anywhere. May be an orphan file from old versions of the client, and is no longer used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimluck View Post
Also, i've noticed that when I create a .emt file for a zone, no more ambient sounds play like (forest wildlife sounds, swamp wildlife sounds, rain, etc.) Is it possible to reference the files that play those sounds the same way I would reference the mp3's?
All ambient sounds get disabled? It would be really irritating to learn that the .emt file completely replaces the built-in sound effects for a zone instead of complementing them with new ones. What zones are you seeing that in?