View Single Post
Old 06-02-2015, 11:26 AM
Grimluck
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shendare View Post
If music was playing in some clients but not others, I was guessing that there was an issue with the sound emitter settings for the character selection/creation zone file (clz.eqg) for the broken client(s), but there don't appear to be any emitter files for clz, so that doesn't appear to be the issue.

I don't know what the issue you're reporting is, exactly. All three clients appear to play eqtheme.mp3 during character selection and creation. Verified by renaming elddar.mp3 to eqtheme.mp3 and firing up the client. pickchar.xmi appears to be completely ignored. Not referenced anywhere. May be an orphan file from old versions of the client, and is no longer used.
The eqtheme.mp3 plays just fine, but the pickchar.mp3 (character selection theme) doesn't play. However, when you delete the eqtheme.mp3, the XMI files take over and play the classic MIDI sounds for both the main theme (eqtheme.mp3) AND character selection (pickchar.xmi). I'm looking to get the new theme I made for character selection (pickchar.mp3) to work. I just don't understand why the old themes work together, but not the mp3 themes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shendare View Post
All ambient sounds get disabled? It would be really irritating to learn that the .emt file completely replaces the built-in sound effects for a zone instead of complementing them with new ones. What zones are you seeing that in?
I've been testing in Greater Faydark. So far, I've gotten all of the themes to play at their correct points within the zone. All sound effects work (bags opening/closing, footsteps, mob sound effects, battle noises) except for the ambient noises like rain, forest wildlife, etc. When I zone into Felwithe, however, all of the MIDI tracks play, ambient sounds play, everything's normal.