View Single Post
Old 01-29-2015, 03:47 PM
trevius
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by werebat View Post
I have been playing Live recently and noticed that Merc healers (balanced) start to heal you when your health dips below 75%. In EQEmu it is set to 95%. Can this be adjusted to match Live? 95% is inefficient and a merc can burn all their mana early in one combat.

I have thought about parameterizing it, but I am not that well versed in C++.
The AI for Mercenaries has a decent amount of work left to do. I think the majority of it was a straight copy from the Bots AI. It would definitely be good to have a table to define AI settings at some point for Mercs (and possibly Bots). I am primarily trying to remove as many bugs with them as possible and allow full functionality if possible. Once that is done, I may take a look at AI at some point, but I am not really an expert in that area yet. I am sure many improvements could be made.

We still need to implement stances, roles, and plenty of other things first, unless someone else wants to work on the AI at the same time as this stuff is being done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagulus2 View Post
Pretty sure this is due to NPCs being moved over to using attack_delay rather than attack_count/attack_speed.
That is possible. The merc_stats table could probably be updated with simple queries to compensate for that issue in the time-being by anyone running Mercs.