View Single Post
Old 03-25-2015, 02:29 AM
markusdabrave
Sarnak

Hi guys, newbie here so please forgive me if this is answered elsewhere. I haven't had much luck finding fixes for the merc stuff though I do appreciate the fact that I've learned a lot of SQL and am really getting a good insight as to how things work on the backend.

Anyway, I've been working on getting my mercs up and running for a few days now and keep running into problems. I sourced mercs.sql but after a lot of forum research, I've come to the conclusion that I might have an old version of it. Eyeballing the database tables and looking at what the script was doing, I found some problems:
  • It was creating a column using meele instead of melee (obviously a typo that was copied)
  • It created a specialattks column, which apparently deprecated and replaced by special_abilities
  • It also created an attack_speed column which is also deprecated and replaced by attack_delay
Nothing a simple find/replace with NotePad++ couldn't fix. I manged to weed my way through those issues and fix them. However, now when I try to hire my merc in game I'm getting a message about a column called statscale being missing. This one has me stumped, but I noticed in the changelog this was added fairly recently.

Quote:
== 01/29/2015 ==
Trevius: Added more information to Mercenary Logging.
Trevius: Added potential fix for Mercenaries that fail to unsuspend.
Trevius: Added a new "statscale" field to the merc_stats table that can be used to quickly balance Mercenary Stats based on Level.
Trevius: The new "statscale" field now combines with the Mercs::ScaleRate rule value (default 100 percent for both).
So I guess what I'm wanting to know is: how can I obtain the most current mercs.sql or if that's a relatively easy fix can you point me in the right direction?

I'm running EQEmu in a Debian VM using MySQL if it matters. And definitely thanks for all you guys do, even without the mercs I'm having a lot of fun learning how the game works!

Edit: I think I got it. Rereading my own quote from Trevius (duh) I ran the query:

Quote:
alter table merc_stats
add statscale int
followed by:

Quote:
UPDATE `merc_stats` SET `statscale` = 100
No errors and my merc spawned. Will see where it goes from here.