View Single Post
Old 10-18-2011, 10:35 PM
Baruuk
Sarnak

Default Crescent Reach - not using it?

Guys, is there a way to redirect new characters to their home city other than Crescent Reach when they create a new character?

I notice when I create a new toon (with SoD client) that it defaults to Crescent Reach. I've put a lot of work in folks starting in traditional home cities rather than a hub zone or everyone starting it CR. One of my goals has been to have folks revisit home cities from years ago, which are being tweaked/updated with new content - at least from lvls 1-20. After 20 - I'll open access to PoK as a hub. I've already disabled the Tutorial button. As it is, what I'm foreseeing is folks logging in and 50% of the time accidently choosing Crescent Reach as their start zone if their a SoF or higher client, which is not the intended methodology. I'm assuming this issue will only affect SoF+ clients and that Titanium users will default to their home city. I guess worst case scenario I could set the SoFStartZoneID value in rule_values to some generic location with a teleporter who has a list of starting cities to choose from, but it's clumsy. Any thoughts?

Many thanks.

Baruuk