View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 10:52 AM
Baruuk
Sarnak

Well - I think I'm at an impass. I simply can't prevent SoD clients from creating characters that default to starting in crescent reach. I've changed and rechanged the World:SoFStartZoneID value to -1. I've even changed it to another value (1, 5, etc) and it sends SoF/SoD clients to the appropriate zone - so that's working as intended. However, when I change it to -1 (which it was originally), when I create a character with my SoD/Underfoot client it still displays Crescent Reach as the default selection for starting city (for every race/class combo) and then sends me to Crescent Reach. It's very strange. I've disabled the Tutorial Button - that works properly. I also tried setting the minstatus to CR to 250 - which of course results in it sending my new character to the Arena.

I'm open to suggestions - and thanks in advance for those. I was really trying to avoid using a hub zone for starting characters - and had put some work into putting merchants, quests, etc in cities like Qeynos, Rivervale, Grobb, etc but since half my clients or more will probably be SoD - there's nothing stopping them all from going to Crescent Reach.

Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks.