View Single Post
Old 10-31-2018, 07:46 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daxchunjae99 View Post
That's cool. That's pretty much what I had in mind. But all this would be instantaneous from the browser with no discord joining and all that. Also, I would have the chat box and refresh just like how it looks ingame so you pretty much see a portion of the chatbox live, kinda like a window to the game so to speak.

I think I could get this up and running on a php editor as an extra tab. Not a fan of Discord since my cryptos got hacked through there but I'll take a look through this, thx!
What you're talking about has been done before, I've done it before. Discord just makes sense for anyone's use cases. Discord itself is not a security issue in the way you describe.

Auction, ooc and everything you mentioned is covered in the Discord implementation using exactly a telnet persistent connection to achieve the realtime back and forth

We used to have different sets of relays over time, web relays, IRC relays etc. There are a thousand ways to do the same thing but ultimately what sticks is what use case fits a majority in the community

Discord is realtime both ways and if you want to code up chat in a browser that is completely your prerogative and no one will have a problem with it.

Just letting you know what is around right now and why its used and when folks reinvent the wheel with things they may not have known about something that was already out there and the tool or thing dies and along with it the motivation to put energy into something because it wasn't received in the way you would have hoped.

HTH