View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 05:20 AM
501st
Sarnak

So I logged on to Live earlier while waiting for something to pop on P99. Was on briefly to explore the new features on VoA that didn't exist in Underfoot. Maybe help you guys populate that list (May go back and packet collect some of them later) when I discovered an amazing feature.

Ladies and Gentlemen let me introduce you to....the Extended Target Window:
Link to Info here (Don't ask why it's on Free Realms Support. I just Googled it to try to find out how to get it open)

Basically to shorten it's description down. The window has 5 extra "Target" slots. They display hp and can be set to display mana/end akin to the Group Window. It's tied into the new Group Roles system of the Group Window. Assign a player to Main Tank role and then assign one of the 5 slots to "Main Tank" and it will display Main Tank's target. Can also display your own etc (list of options in the link provided. In the Screenshot)

Here's the thing that caught my eye though...says this was actually released with Underfoot. At this moment my pants shrunk a couple inches as I logged on my UF client on PEQ to try to get it open. I followed instructions, EQ Button>Actions>Extended Target...nothing there. So tried the slash command. "/xtarget on" and got this response:

"In order to gain access to this feature, you must purchase the Everquest expansion: Underfoot"

Gave the same response on the VoA client so I doubt it's because it was released after the Steam UF client went live. I guess it's possible though

Either way, looks like it would have to be 'hacked' into the UF/VoA clients by telling the client you own that expansion just to get it to open. Kinda like how Secrets got the VoA client to respond to Gold Membership. Likely has some missing packets to even get it working anyway.

Just a heads up, looks like we missed something :P Something cool at that!. I may go back and packet collect a player using this and a few of the new features on VoA (The revamped merchant window and this new "Zone Explorer" are of particular interest) if you guys would like...

-Danyelle