View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 08:14 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
Wow! You must be running on one hell of a PC to not lag insanely when you #aggrozone ssra like that, haha! Nice touch showing off the SoF client. I wonder if Titanium would run so smooth in that same situation as far as frame-rate goes.

I bet if you put a network bandwidth monitor on your server when you did that, you would have seen traffic go from like 5kps up to more like 100kps lol. The insane bandwidth usage of AEing a zone like that is the main cause for the client crashes. The zones never crash, it is the clients in the zone that do. It is because the server gets so tied up trying to send position updates and action packets and such that it forgets to send some other stuff that the client needs so that it knows it is still connected. This isn't very evident on a LAN connection, since bandwidth speeds are usually at least 100Mbs if not more.
Yep, this is on a LAN connection. The server box is a VM on my desktop, lol. It's got 1 gig of ram allocated, which is why I was surprised on how good it ran.

I can try titanium, but I think Titanium always desynced from the server when I tried that. It's good stuff regardless though, lol