View Single Post
Old 03-02-2016, 06:47 PM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

First, if you open the server up do not expect a huge influx of players out of no where. They may trickle in, they may have an insurgence, but really I glanced at your site, seems like a clan forum, and I don't know anything about your server without diving deep into a forum that seems unrelated info.. So that's a turn off for decision making. Most will just stumble on your server when server hopping at select.

Second: I don't know which login systems you use, but if it's built in eqemu styles (private login and eqemu login), not hard. Should be lots of topics to search for about it.

Third. You're going to get abusers if you open it to everyone. Just try your best to keep it moderated, and build up a good community, and players will help you out. But nothing about a server is easy, and making one public is asking for even more headaches. People understand you have a life though, but they will hope you try to keep a presence.

I'd say make a backup of all your data, make sure your current players are cool with it, with a potential rollback if shit hits the fan, and just open up. See what happens. *shrugs*.

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com