View Single Post
Old 09-17-2016, 12:21 PM
zrsh5
Fire Beetle

Good Morning Gentlemen..
Ran the auto installer on Windows 8 x64 system. When you say clean install, I assume you mean Eq Emu not the actual OS? At least that's what it seems like after reading the entire forum here. Anyway, that's me. No other Emu installation on this system. I ran the installer and changed the ip addresses for the local host. The server comes up and I can attach to it from the rof2 client (although the server sees it as an SOD client?). I can make a character and then when I try to log in to the world with said char, it hangs up.. tells me the server is not responding. I have seen this retold on this forum thread over and over and I am pretty sure I have done everything to solve the problem, but no luck.
So, to the questions?:
1: I keep seeing mention of the program eqemu_update.pl. This file doesn't appear in my eqemu_installer_files directory. Is it supposed to be there or is this a file I need to download. I downloaded this file and put it in said directory, but it won't run. The cmd box opens so fast and closes that I can't see anything. When I run command from an open dos box (admin) says can't open perl script no such file or directory. So I assume that it is supposed to be elsewhere.
UPDATE: I finally got the program to run. Still tho.. was this supposed to be included in the original installation?

2. There is mention of a program to edit the database (preferred), and one that is Akka's online (but this only opens a page that says "Hi"). Now I can't find the name of the program to edit database again, can I get a link, please?
3. If the server comes up with the batch file and there are no errors, should I assume that it is all installed and working correctly? The only error I see when it comes up is on the login server:
[Error] Handle_NewLSInfo error, remote address was null, defaulting to stream ad
dress 192.168.1.2.
I think I have seen others report this as well and said it worked anyway.

Ok, that's it for now.. thanks for any help you can throw my way...
Cheers
R

btw: This is the closest I have come to getting a server up and running. I think I am pretty close. Thanks again, Akka!