View Single Post
Old 03-23-2018, 11:16 PM
Tegila
Hill Giant

Couple quick questions with this before I even start (still building my server box hardware)
1. you said removed xp from list, but does that mean xp64 won't run this at all? or just don't want to list it as it's so old?. I like it for it's tiny footprint, and it's based of server 2003.

2. Is server 2012 the only windows server that will work? i.e. server 2003 or home server 2008 as long as 64bit, will they work? or at least probably?

3. how big is the total download after starting the installer? I'm assuming it's much bigger than a client eq folder, but I have no idea. My ISP is extremely slow, like dialup speed unless it's o'dark thirty, and I can only download about 30gb a night, maybe 35 before it drops back to 56k speed.

oh and ..
4. after this is fully installed on a clean untouched windows, can other things THEN be installed without messing things up? Or should I run this on a virtual machine only and leave everythign else on a different windows? The home server I'm building is for mainly a media server/software storage, but other than spanned volumes, I don't intend to do anythign but store stuff, let the devices accessing it work out the playback of the files on their own. SO basically I want to build the server, and have it also store 4-5Tb of audi/video/ebook and software files. Is that possible without messing up the emu server? (LAN server)

Thank you.