View Single Post
Old 04-30-2019, 11:00 AM
TigerFeet
Fire Beetle

Thanks to both of you .
I have found the code and can see the diff "body types" listed. I'm glad you all seem to understand the flow of control. It seems like a maze of different parts to me that I am slowly piecing together.

I will experiment with changing the body types, and the race types.

I want to change "a rodent", those annoying city vermin, to undead for testing purposes. Changing the body type from 21 to 3 will make it "undead" but it won't automatically inherit the "never run" ability. I presume I will have to edit the "special_abilities" field to give it (21,1) "immune to flee" property.

This is just for testing out some undead only (and later summoned only spells. I've not decided whether to keep the pesky vermin in my game or not.

Thanks again for your help.

PS...

I have downloaded "The Code" from git hub and have a copy of Visual Studio Community 2019 but have never used it. I haven't written any C++ code for over 20 years and things have changed quite a bit since the DOS editior days.

If I wanted to make changes to some elements of the code (eg give halflings a racial hide of say 100) how would I go about recompiling the server code ?

I kow this is a biggie - should I post it as a separate question?