View Single Post
Old 05-02-2019, 03:07 AM
TigerFeet
Fire Beetle

This is really helpful thanks. I am learning so much about the process here.

I use a 2 PC setup - one I use for dev and transfer the updated peq DB or Scripts etc to the Server PC. If I do use 2 diff peq databases I will definitely use different folders for the code and json files etc to keep things simple.

My db_version table tells me I'm running v9138 (bot v9022).

I don't plan on making any major changes to the code, but am making lots of DB changes to give the server a more classic feel. As my dev PC is not internet connected (no ports enabled I mean) I don't get any code or DB updates - which suits me fine atm. What I have been worried about is a new PEQ developer's update which will run when I start the "live" server and invalidate the work I have done on my dev server running an older version of the DB and code. So, for the moment, I would dearly love to turn off any updates when I run "t_start_server" on live and connect to the emu login server.

This is similar to the problem you wrote:

"But a word of caution, (using the above example), An update was done to the source code which will use a slightly different faction schema/values. That update will also add new faction tables to your peq database, when you first run world.exe and will also make adjustments to quests in your quest folder, unless you opt out of it in the variables table in the database."

I don't see anything in the variables table that would prevent such an update.
There is varname DBVersion = 070_pop, hotfix_name = undefined and new_faction_conversion = true, but nothing that looks right to me.

How do I turn auto-updates off? I can then only allow them for changes in the base code I re-compile. I have searched the wiki for this in the past but not found anything, and you have given me the first hint that I might be able to do this after all.

Hoping this is the last question ...

Thanks, Andrew