View Single Post
Old 05-02-2019, 09:21 AM
Huppy
Demi-God

Something I do, (for my own wants and needs) is use an "old school" set of start/stop scripts. Akka's scripts do a lot more for someone and I would encourage people to use what he has done, but I really don't need all those "automated" mechanics, I really don't mind doing things manually, (like clearing logs, etc), so I keep things simple on the startup, whether public or private launch. Here's what I have been using for years now: (I don't use queryserv on a local setup, so I comment that line out).

Start.bat
Code:
start loginserver.exe
shared_memory.exe
ping -n 4 127.0.0.1 > nul
start world.exe
ping -n 10 127.0.0.1 > nul
start eqlaunch.exe zone
start queryserv.exe
start ucs.exe
Stop.bat
Code:
taskkill /IM queryserv.exe /F
taskkill /IM ucs.exe /F
taskkill /IM eqlaunch.exe /F
taskkill /IM Zone.exe /F
taskkill /IM world.exe /F
taskkill /IM loginserver.exe /F
taskkill /IM shared_memory.exe /F
I have a similiar server scenario, where it's not feasible to risk automated updates, which I'm sure servers like P99, etc, have to be just as adamant about, because of the work gone into it. There is something I do for myself, to disable any updates on startup, but again, I would NOT encourage anyone to do this, unless you have the knowledge to know what you're doing.
When world is run, it will look for that eqemu_server.pl script. If it finds one, it will continue, and read from it. If it doesn't find one, it will install a new copy. That's where everything is scripted for grabbing any updates. So what I do, is rename the original to eqemu_server.pl-OFF (you can use bak, or whatever). Then I take a copy of that script and edit it, to comment out everything, except the following,(below). These lines shown are right near the top of the script. Then I save that as eqemu_server.pl for world to find it. If I run into a scenario where I want to run updates, then I simply rename it to eqemu_server.pl-disable Then rename the "OFF" one to normal again, to grab the updates. But in most cases, I will do the updates manually, by running the sql into the database.

eqemu_server.pl
Code:
use Config;
use File::Copy qw(copy);
use POSIX qw(strftime);
use File::Path;
use File::Find;
use Time::HiRes qw(usleep);