Thread: Bot Discussion
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2011, 07:14 PM
bad_captain
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Congdar View Post
That's not why. DB rules for how many bots you can spawn are already in place, so if a server has enabled the bots they can also control how many you can spawn.

The real reason is probably a combination of time and desire. I had raids working in the bot system at one time but the code was all in #ifdefs and scattered throughout the source files. See svn 772-4 and before for that version of the bots. The "Repository owner and principal project developer" organized all the #ifdefs into proper classes and then vanished pretty much leaving the bots in a crippled state without completing the bot raid parts.

Back then I was the only one working on them and the bots are a complex beast, so the ai was something I didn't focus a lot of time on. I'm happy that you and others are interested enought to do some serious fixing and maybe raids will be coded again using the actual raid UI instead of what I had slapped together.
Hmm.. I thought someone said he took it out because it was decided we shouldn't be able to have bot raids. Maybe I'm going crazy.. lol

This is a very good thing to hear. I'll definitely be looking into this.