View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 04:08 PM
pharone1
Sarnak

I officially started my server development a couple days ago.

I'm currently in the "try this and see what happens" phase.

Dual Wielding And SKs
What I've found so far is that while I can change Innoruuk's Curse (SK Epic 1.0) a 1HS non-lore weapon, I am not able to get the game client to allow a shadowknight to dual wield. So, I will be instead using a warrior as my base class to modify, and giving it SK spells/abilities.

Evolving Items
I have not been able to figure out if it is possible to implement evolving items yet. My searches on the forums have come up short. Anybody know if it is implemented in EQemu?

What I making it so that once you get a weapon, you keep that weapon for the duration of the game. Instead of upgrading to new weapons, your weapon levels up along with you. My first thought is that I can use evolving items to accomplish this design goal. If not, I will probably create AAs that you can gain at particular levels that when activated deletes your current weapon and gives you the new level of that weapon.

Kill Count Achievement
Does anybody know if there is a built in mechanic in EQemu to keep track of number of kills per race (or name of mob)? On EQ Live, they have hunter and slaughter achievements that automatically track things like number of skeletons killed, and give you a reward when you hit a certain number. If that system is implemented in EQemu, I want to use it to further evolve the player's weapon. The idea is that if you kill 100 skeletons/ghosts/zombies, you get an achievement that adds +5 Undead Bane Damage to your weapon. It doesn't change the sword, but rather gives you the new weapon that has +5 Undead Bane Damage on it.

Thanks everybody for the help.