Thread: Update
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 11:13 PM
Andrew80k
Dragon

I'm using VS 2008. Not Express. As far as I know it will not compile with express though I haven't tried it since erde got it going. Straight out of the SVN it pretty much compiles and runs for me. I had to tweak the solution just a bit to point to the correct lib locations, but I think that was all.

The collector "works". It will collect packet information and some of it is solid. Some not so much. I do keep getting an unknown stream type in the collector and I haven't figured it out yet. I have put a bunch of debug info into the collector and have started doing more collects with it to help me figure it out. Mostly I'm just learning how it works.

What's working:

Zone info.
Doors
Player data
Some spawn info but some of it isn't right. I think that's more of an adjustment to the extractor. The collector just picks up packets and lays them down with OP_code "tags".

The extractor "works" for some things as well.

What is working:
Doors -- seems good
Zone info -- same here. seems good.
Partial spawn data

What's not working:

AA's -- not seeing this at all
Tasks -- all commented out in the extractor, but the data is there.
Spawn updates This seems to have 2 sized structures on live. One 40 bytes, the other 41. If I adjust the struct one way I get some, if I adjust it the other way I get more. I also consider this critical to being useful.
Objects -- ground spawns etc.

It's slow going but I'm working on it.