View Single Post
Old 02-26-2018, 11:23 PM
jaspen
Hill Giant

Keep in mind I just started up an emu a month or so ago so I am sure there is some ignorance in some of what I say and talk about. I did have one a little over two years ago that I played for about half a year.

I leveled a necro up to around 50 solo before finally testing the bots. I do sometimes group with a friend. My experience at lower levels and heals is zero right now. At first I only allowed 1 bot and now I allow 2 in some zones. I am trying to find a balance that allows you to get something done without cheesing the content. I even tried lowering their power by using the bot AAexpansion to 0 but it appears that is broken and they still get the AAs anyways. Then i find out a monk without weapons quads for around 300 a hit... Okay, with that quick bit of history out of the way...

I am currently grouping with a shaman bot and a mage bot. I haven't tested a cleric nor a druid yet so everything I have said in this post so far has been about shamans. The problem with the shaman bot is that it waits till around 35-40 percent health to heal. It never heals above that much health. When you are fighting mobs that hit for 400 plus and using heals that do 2k, it isn't very useful to wait till that low on health. There seems to be other situations where the shaman just doesn't care and doesn't bother to heal. I need to test whether the necro Lifetap dot causes that or not.

Is there a place in the code I can edit to say instead of healing at the 35-40 range to heal at 75 percent health instead? Or is there something in the bot_spells_casting_chances that I can modify to make them start the casting earlier? I tried looking in this section but haven't been able to decipher most of the columns. Just trying to figure out where the code is that says use this spell at this condition so I can change it.

Several have mentioned healing rotations. I will look into it but it sounds more so for raids and a mana killer / over kill for group. I would have to add the entire group at that point. Perhaps I am missing something here. I want anyone that is getting hammered to be healed. Any dead party member is a bad thing for a group.

Could the ^heal command be entered back into the code so you can simply force a bot to heal you or a person? Or have it where someone can use a phrase that causes the bot to heal them?