View Single Post
Old 10-21-2015, 02:27 PM
Krran
Sarnak

Lots of great ideas, thank you very much, everyone. When I have a moment I will try to adjust things on my machines to reflect some of the ideas I read.

Upon further exploration I also think the upgrade goofed some of my paths or removed the resources some of my programs use. I have been using WinEQ 2.15 Lite on the machine that now has the problems, so the issue may lie with WinEQ, not Windows 10.

On the Windows 10 "forced" upgrade:
I downloaded the files a while back for the upgrade and clicked options to install later, which I took to mean I could wait weeks to months. So, I usually leave my machine on all the time and and one morning all the screens would not turn on, so I said "whatever" and restarted the computer. Almost immediately after boot, it displayed that it was completing the Windows 10 installation without giving me much of a choice. That was what I meant by "forced", but it was a rather unimportant part of the issue so I decided not to talk more upon it in my initial question.

Walls of uninteresting text are nobody's friend. Anyway, "forced" may have been a poor word choice in the end since it sounds like it was distracting and perhaps inaccurate.

It is true that I could downgrade back to Windows 7. But, I want to fix the issue with EQ rather than downgrade, if possible.