View Single Post
Old 11-03-2017, 09:41 PM
Movement
Sarnak

I use RoF2 client and I cant remember if I had this issue or not. As a matter of fact I think its come up from time to time. It feels like to me its a client issue, not a database one. Its certainly not anything having to do with Windows 10 or drivers or motherboard settings. Its not headphones either. You have to remember this is just a wave file thats buried in the client files somewhere and what happens when youre near a mob thats "running"/"walking" is when you are close enough the client normally "detects" it and starts playing the soundloop of them "walking/running" whichever action they are doing it makes a call to the appropriate file. I suspect its something in the client. If it WAS a database issue, I would check the settings for the NPC or some global file tied to NPC's movement. There might be a field they havent discovered yet that enables these sounds. What I would do to test this is log onto 10 servers on the eqemu server list and see if on any of those servers you can get the npcwalking/npcrunning sound to work. If you can get it to work on any server, at least one - that means its not a client issue. If it works on none of them, then its either a DB/Script issue or a client issue.

You also have to remember that this is probably something low on the priority list so they may not have been able to get to it yet in lieu of more pressing issues/fixes.

Hope I helped.