View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 02:41 PM
Aonelyn
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardoX View Post
I had the most fun with eqemu when devn00b and image were developers. Quite frankly, they were great with the community and did their job. They didn't let the login server crash and they certainly never let little vulnerabilities rampage through and ravage our website.

As a matter of fact, once they left staff. Things slowly started to decay as the 'people in charge' lost interest and stopped visiting completely. I can understand why Doodman didn't want to give it up to devnoob. Devnoob and Image left the team on bad terms which likely put a sour taste in some peoples mouth. That's completely understandable but if you were here in that era before the drama started, you would have remembered that EQEMU was the most stable and reliable. Don't get me wrong, I am not giving all of that credit to dev or image. What I am giving them credit for is their knowledge. They could be such an incredible asset to the development of EQEMU and it really is a shame to throw that away.
qft.
When i first started playing on eqemu, I can't think of one time the loginserver went down. Now, it's down about 44% of the time?

Quote:
1. Launched DoS attacks on the community's public login server, depriving EVERYONE the ability to simply come home and play their favorite video game.

2. Whined, complained and bitched when Doodman, Rogean, FNW decided to pass stewardship of the project and community to KLS, a person they decided they could trust and who has, indeed, earned the respect and trust of the whole community.

3. Launched malformed packet attacks against PEQ and other game servers who haven't decided to trust a well established hacker to service their game servers.
Proof?