View Single Post
Old 10-20-2018, 05:49 PM
l0stmancd
Fire Beetle

A follow up from the problem user "Element D" had with the solo server not responding to queries. I am having a similar problem but have traced it to a failure in line "my $connect = plugin::LoadMysql();".

For whatever reason, any of the solo server scripts quietly fail (no logged errors) when it hits this line. Surrounding it with try/catch wasn't able to catch an error either. I can say, though, no lines are executed after this LoadMysql() command is hit (added debug output to validate). This affects not just searching but also "leaving" the tutorial (you get prompted that it will send you to your location and then nothing happens).

I wish I could say that I resolved this issue but I have not. I did find, perhaps, an oddity - using Akkadius "Windows server" script I found a plugins directory in both /quests/ as well as in the main server directory containing what looks like exactly the same files. I removed the plugins from /quests/ per http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?Perl_Pl...ster_Reference line "Perl plugins are ALWAYS installed to ServerDirectory\plugins\ NOT ServerDirectory\quests\plugins\ and restarted the server but no change in behavior.

Anytime any of the new solo perl scripts its the request for the mysql connection it quietly fails and does not go past this. My setup is a new installation using Akaddius's script. Any ideas folks?