View Single Post
Old 01-25-2019, 01:45 PM
Lordchamp1955
Fire Beetle

Ok, 42 views and not a single comment tells me that most everyone else is as lost on this issue as me. Should be a clue to the admins that more info is needed on this subject.

Here is where I stand now.

After 20+ years as a network admin I have no hesitation in experimenting to troubleshoot a problem, especially when I can do no harm.

I'm running this all on a debian VM so what can I hurt, huh? LOL

Anyways, I found a section in the install.sh about the loginserver that was commented out so I uncommented it and reran the install.sh.

It appeared to install the loginserver. Could it be that simple? If so, why wouldn't others know about it I thought. Interesting.

Well, there was now a script to start with login so naturally I ran it after editing the login.ini and .json settings file to hopefully match my setup.

Everything seemed to startup fine and I got the message loginserver set to run along with confirmation that the other servers started. Status shows the other servers running but says nothing about the loginserver. Is that normal? Or is it really not running?

That leads to my current situation. No connection by the client. I'm using the RoF/Rof2 client. There appears to be no connection being made to the loginserver at all.

There are zero logs for the loginserver but many for the other servers. Again, is this normal since no connection has actually been made?

dbg,txt shows no connection to the server has even been attempted and even though it's been a while I thought that file showed that information. Could be wrong there though.

eqhost.txt has been set to the proper ip address and port.

I've tried 127.0.0.1 and the actual address of the server in every location that calls for those addresses. Neither one makes any change.

I can ping in and out of the server so networking is working properly. No firewall is installed on the VM.

So to summarize:

1. No connection of any kind appears to be being made to the loginserver.
2. No logs of any kind are being created by the loginserver. Normal? Turned on manually somehow?
3. No errors are being shown at startup/shutdown from any part of the system. All appears OK.
4. Both config files have been checked and rechecked repeatedly and I can see no errors.
5. I do see evidence of the server actually running in the system processes. When shutdown it goes away. Restart, it returns. Appears to be running.
6. Is it normal for status to not show any status for the loginserver?

Anyone having any additional troubleshooting suggestions are more than welcome to share them. I'm about at the end of my current abilities to troubleshoot this system.