View Single Post
Old 01-16-2018, 08:33 AM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

I am obviously too late for this discussion, but, I am sort of back to Emu and finally plan to put my server plans to work.

The idea is a 100% ultra-custom server, that is sort of EQ in Vision (or rather my vision of EQ), but completely remade in all of the content, from new world map to new classes. Its a grand scale project, so don't expect anything remotely complete for at least a year from now. However I plan to open the server for public testing as early as the Alpha stage so people can poke it with burning needles and I will tell them where it hurts
Difficulty wise, it will be NO-Box NO-Bot server, that will offer solo, group and raid (2x group) content. Most importantly it will be a server where new content done from level 1, giving you an opportunity to be "that EQ noob" for a bit again when you have no idea where to go and what to expect. While some of the modern quality of life improvements will be present (no pointless time sinks), there will be 0 hand-holding. This will be plenty of BIG quests, but they will be ambiguous as hell This will be a very slow progression server, but there will always be something to do, so you always feel that your character is advancing, even though you don't fly trough levels.

Stay tuned

PS. To have a quick idea what type of content to expect you can see sample of my previous work on THF server in the Alternative Progression line.