View Single Post
Old 02-21-2019, 12:59 PM
lctucker2999
Sarnak

Default Is there a way to see the current value of a qglobal?

First off, I apologize in advance for being a true novice at all of this. That being said, I was trying to repop Vex Thal last night and realized AHR wasn't popping, even with #repop force due to (I assume) the qglobal {aten} timer being defined, as a player on my server must have recently killed her. I had set her respawn time to 4 hours, so the qglobal in the script upon her death was defined and set to 4 hours.

Checking the qglobal entry in the database in Heidi, I did indeed find the qglobal {aten} defined, and the set to expire column had some big number that I assume corresponded to a time and date, but I couldn't figure out how to convert it to something I could understand. It was something like 15300478145173 (I made that up, but something similar)

Is there an in-game GM command to check qglobal values? If not, how would I go about figuring that out in the database? Also, I assume if I wanted to force a repop I would simply need to delete that qglobal value from the database since that is what prevents her from popping in the script, yes?

As I learn more about this I am starting to come up with fun ideas for quests that use timers, so I'd like to continue to shore up my knowledge. Thank you for your time!