Thread: Zone Instancing
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2008, 09:32 PM
trevius
Developer

That sounds pretty good for how LDoN should work. But, zone instancing still doesn't work and there would need to be a way to get that working first.

I think you would need a separate timers table just for LDoN zones since you would have multiple instances running and each would need separate respawn timers unique to the instance. So you would probably need a way to track each instance. Maybe something like "zonesn##" or something, so the first instance of mira would be "mira01" and the second instance of guka would be "guka02" etc and it would be entered in the table. This name could be used to track which groups are in which instance number and also which spawn timers are being used for which instance as well.

There would need to be a way to boot multiple instances, which might be nice if it could be done with a quest command. Maybe something like "quest::bootinstance(zonesn,charid,timer,timeo ut)" could be used and an exampe of it being used might be "quest::bootinstance(mira,$userid,7200,120)" which would boot mira for the user who initialized the quest and the timer for the zone would be set for 2 hours to complete it and the timeout is 2 minutes, which is how long they have to enter the zone before it shuts itself down. Then, as long as the the leader of the group is the one that started the instance, everyone else in his/her group/raid should gain access to the zone. I imagine that some of the new group and raid tables could probably be used to help keep track of group members.

Another option for instancing might be to just adjust the the zones table to add in another field that will check if a zone is instance-able or not. If the zone is set for instances, then when a group zones into it, an instance is created just for their group/raid ID.

I am sure people would love to see LDoN implemented. I know there are plenty of things in it that still need work. Maybe with enough ideas some work can be started. At least with a rough outline on how to make them work, it gives something to go by.