View Single Post
Old 01-14-2022, 03:55 AM
Thundertwig
Fire Beetle

Default *** ERROR: WorldAuthenticate has failed after attempting to connect.

Hoping to get a few more eyes on this issue in hopes to get a resolution.

I'm attempting to play on Project VZTZ server and I have followed his install instructions using their patcher program to download the RoF2 client.

I've spoken with the GM and was told the patcher & game server run from same device / IP so since I am able to get the download I am getting to him/it.

He also stated he has ICMP turned off so I can see why I can't ping the server, but when I do a trace route it fails to connect fully there and drop on a hope on his ISP (17 54 ms 54 ms 62 ms 208.94.92.177) {tracert eqemu.vztz.org - server IP eqemu.vztz.org [208.94.91.29]}

VZTZ Gm is able to ping & trace to my home IP - though it takes a different route then me to him.

from the dbg.txt log file I constantly get when going to VZTZ server.

[Fri Jan 14 01:15:34 2022]00041:Networking: using port [63504].
[Fri Jan 14 01:15:34 2022]00042:Networking: Connection Established [1]
[Fri Jan 14 01:16:34 2022]00043:*** WorldAuthenticate. Error connecting to eqemu.vztz.org:9000 [clientisconnectReasonConnectFail,serverisconne ctReasonNone]

[Fri Jan 14 01:16:34 2022]00044:Networking: Connection Closed [0] with 0 pending bytes.
[Fri Jan 14 01:16:34 2022]00045:*** ERROR: WorldAuthenticate has failed after attempting to connect.

I am however able to connect to the VoG server using the RoF2 client there & fully made a toon & hit PoK once I selected that toon for login. I am able to reach VoQ using both the new ID I made under loginserver on EQemu & older login I made back on P99. So I am at a loss when I try to connect to VZTZ here. I do get server select screen just fine so its not a login name/password issue.

The client seems to try to connect to the VZTZ server specifically there and then just time out and drops back to the main login screen. If I try to go back into server select there it reads 1017 error about needing to re-patch by I can confirm I've run the patcher a multitude of times and I'm still coming up with same issue.

I even recently resulted in booting into safe mode with networking & it still produced same result.

Last possible suggestion I have purposed to me that is untested yet is speaking with ISP & checking for any port blocking (specifically in 9000 to 10000 range).

Any thoughts why I keep failing to connect? Is it something server side?

I promise I'm COVID free, its okay to have handshake! HELL I'll bring the hand sanitizer for both of us, just accept?