View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 11:48 PM
trevius
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerxst2112 View Post
If the idea is to remove files that have no use to the project then the HoT and Live files should probably go too.
Actually, I was thinking we should just remove the non-functional clients such as Anniversary, HoT, Live and VoA. There is no reason to have them other than as a reference since the clients are not functional enough to be used over any other (more readily available) client. We don't need to keep them in the trunk for reference, since we would always have the option to go back through the SVN revisions that include them if needed (which is not likely). And if the RoF client goes as well as I am hoping it will, we will have a free, legally attainable, stable, complete client that should be available for about a year or more without any patching. It has the potential to be the best over-all client to date.

And BTW, we are moving right along. Char select is looking good enough to progress to the trying to enter world stage:

I will try to get something on the SVN pretty soon. I would like to hear more feedback as to whether it is a good idea to replace the VoA files with RoF ones though (renaming the files and everything referring to VoA in them to RoF).