Thread: Oracle_Jaarl
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2015, 09:40 PM
Greyhelm
Sarnak

Default Oracle_Jaarl

Here is a submission for Oracle Jarl in Jagged Pine for review.

Code:
######################
# Quest: Paying Oracle Jarl Respects
# Involved: Oracle_Jaarl (NPCID: 181077)
# Zone: Japped Pine
# Author: Greyhelm
# Items Involved: Panther Fang Necklace (ID:8257), Bear Fang Necklace (ID:8261), Wolf Fang Necklace (ID: 8258)
# Reward(s): Rod of Ulceration (ID:8071)
# Related Quests: Snarla's Friendship
######################

sub EVENT_SAY {
if($text=~/worship/i){
  quest::say("Very well. You may worship quietly then. May Brell Serilis bless you.");
}
if($text=~/pay your respects/i){
  quest::say("You have, well then! You can pay your respects by bringing me a [" . quest::saylink("present") . "].");
}
if($text=~/present/i){
  quest::say("I like necklaces. I wear necklaces made from every kind of beast. The power of the beast is contained within each necklace. The more necklaces I wear, the greater my power! Bring me a Bear Fang Necklace, a Wolf Fang Necklace, and a Panther Fang Necklace. This will show your devotion to me.. I mean the Temple!");
}
if($text=~/Hail/i){
  quest::emote("shakes his body and his countless necklaces cause a loud rattle to echo off the stone walls.");
  quest::say("Hello $race. Have you come to [" . quest::saylink("worship") . "] or have you just come for a visit to view our wonderful architecture and to [" . quest::saylink("pay your respects") . "]?");
}
# $item1 - Panther Fang Necklace (ID: 8257)
# $item2 - Bear Fang Necklace (ID: 8261)
# $item3 - Wolf Fang Necklace (ID: 8258)
sub EVENT_ITEM {
if ($item1== 8257 && $item2== 8261 && $item3== 8258)
 {
   quest::say("You have done well $name, here is what was promised.);
   quest::summonitem("8071"); # Staff of Ulceration
 }
plugin::return_items(\%itemcount);
}
#END of quest
I edited out redundant quest::say items as he had a lot of reoccuring text. This was my first quest edit, I understand this quest is supposed to be class specific to Necro and Shamans. I am working on that portion as I read more.

Last edited by Greyhelm; 02-10-2015 at 09:51 PM.. Reason: took off saylink for favor as I did not make quest specific to class.