View Single Post
Old 03-19-2016, 05:24 PM
Nzoe
Fire Beetle

Quote:
You're asking with the tone of an absolute prick and you're wondering why people aren't tripping over themselves to help you?
I'm wondering why you haven't changed your username by now. I guess shame doesn't affect some people.

And no, I'm not wondering why people aren't helping me, I'm wondering why idiots (or is it just you?) are responding in ways that don't actually make any sense.

But hey, if you want to talk about the human, let's do that. I just spent a truckload of time and energy on an advertised product, and that product is no more. I'm bitter about it, and asking for an alternative. Oh look! An asshat decides to invalidate any frustration I may have about my situation by telling me to make my own server, because somehow the fact that the product is free makes the content-creators gods that are above being questioned, blasphemed, or exasperated-with.

Quote:
Your stupid Windows analogy doesn't work because you're not a paying customer. Hope this helps
First off, I don't need the analogy to point out that a free product is still a product and subject to being discarded when it no longer does what's advertised, and the customer in no way is entitled for being upset about that.

Second, nobody paid for the upgrades. Nobody asked for them. Nobody was continuing to pay for windows after the original purchase, usually after the computer was bought, yet Microsoft changed things on them.

For all intents and purposes, the OS already on the machines was free at that point.

That, Traul, is how the analogy works.

Hope this helps.