View Single Post
Old 03-19-2016, 06:10 PM
Nzoe
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Well, no. "make your own server" is my answer because, as I stated and as you ignored in your haste to play the outraged victim "customer", there are no purely solo servers.
At no point did you actually answer my question like you just did. Act like you're taking some kind of high road and I'm all brash all you want, but maybe you should re-read what you actually wrote.

https://archive.is/RrdAb

Quote:
If you want one, and as one does not exist, the only option available to you is to make one.
Which would have been an absolutely excellent response, had you actually said what you claimed you said in the first quote above.

Thank you for finally answering my question.

Now for Traul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traul View Post
No, the analogy doesn't work because the upgrades still relate to software that had been purchased, sorry. You've never paid a single cent for anything here.
You don't really grasp how analogies work, do you? You also don't really grasp how parallels with similar situations work, or how certain completely irrelevant differences can be set aside for an otherwise valid comparison.

You're kinda stupid.

Quote:
You've made three wrong assumptions here:
I doubt it.

Quote:
1. You speak for the entire EQEmu playerbase when it comes to how servers should be run, even moreso than the server devs themselves
When did I make that assumption? When did I assert that I speak for anyone? When did I tell others how servers should be run?

Oh wait, does saying X that is advertised as X should not work like Y somehow mean that I'm telling those in charge of that that I know better than them how X should not be run like Y in some way that is illogical?

Quote:
2. You are entitled to play on a server that meets your wants and needs
When did I claim this? When did I say that I deserve, or am entitled to this?

Quote:
Anyone cares that you're upset
You're the one that was whining about my tone. I didn't bring it up directly.

Remember this whiny gem?

Quote:
You're asking with the tone of an absolute prick and you're wondering why people aren't tripping over themselves to help you?
"Wah, you're not asking this in a completely emotionless way so it offends my sensibilities"

You brought that in, and now you want to backpedal like you didn't.

/golfclap