View Single Post
Old 09-23-2017, 11:10 AM
Valdaun
Fire Beetle

One thing I also tried but forgot to mention is to drop all bot_* tables, and then manually take every SQL from https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/tree.../bots/required and apply them in sequence from oldest to newest. This gets a slightly different output and is probably closest to correct but only has the bard songs.

These are all the tables you get at the end of that and the row counts (0 unless otherwise noted):

Code:
Tables_in_peq (bot%)
bot_buffs
bot_command_settings  (98 rows)
bot_data
bot_groups
bot_group_members
bot_guild_members
bot_heal_rotations
bot_heal_rotation_members
bot_heal_rotation_targets
bot_inspect_messages
bot_inventories
bot_pets
bot_pet_buffs
bot_pet_inventories
bot_spells_entries  (132 rows)
bot_spell_casting_chances  (8,960 rows)
bot_stances
bot_timers
Unless there are other tables that should have data in a baseline setup, I think if someone can just export a complete bot_spells_entries table as a .sql file and put up on Github as a 9018 version additional file that would at least give a manual workaround way to add them. I'm not familiar enough with the syntax of the manifest file to find a way to make it go in the correct application order when starting from zero. I can see that it definitely complicates things trying to take into account servers that have existed for a long time and are in various states.

Maybe another workaround would be to have the perl setup command check to see if that db_version column exists for bots_version and if it is not there, or 9000 or less to just take a full .sql file of creating every table and populate as appropriate to go straight to 9017 status? That way you could skip over the manifest on a fresh install?

Thanks again for all the hard work here, hoping a good solution can be found for fresh install