View Single Post
Old 01-16-2018, 03:15 PM
kokey98
Hill Giant

you can see the problem as the installer does runs the sql updates 1-by-1... it runs through it once, then the double-check it finds some that are missing, but have been run. then tries to re-run out-of-order sql updates. i can't recall the #'s anymore.

i set up a normal server through the installer with bot related server files. then, i ran through the individual sql statements 1by1.

get the bot db manifest and follow that closely... the ones that have the same dates will be in alphabetical order, not necessarily the correct order. follow the manifest! pretty sure 1 of those is spell entries and 1 creates the proper schema for them to fit into -- ie the problem in game with bot's casting for you.

Also, input correct revision for dB / Bots dB as per manifest when you are done and before you load the emuserver management or server itself.

after that, that auto-installer will work fine. keep it incrementally updates even if you don't use it much.

you can try to troubleshoot what's going on, but i am pretty sure it's what i described at top... that was quite a while ago.. there's a post/comment somewhere that would time stamp when i encountered the same problem. they could very well have fixed what i encountered since then.

oh -- i can't recall for sure, but i want to say dragging each to an empty query, then running in heidisql was less problematic than usingn 'run sql from file' ?? maybe the the text encoding? anyway, i'd drag it, then run, then clear, rinse repeat - you can see the errors, if any, and you can double check the changes as you go, if you want. even # or put revisions to order the files on the same day. it's really easy to open the wrong file or the same one twice etc. if anythign like that happens, drop all the bot tables and start over, lol. you can't undo screwups in a dB.