View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 08:55 PM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

Default Good vs. Evil PvP Server by Shin

I'm working on an experimental revision of the source to utilize a Good vs. Evil 2 sided faction based PvP system. I'm taking code I implemented when I moved VZTZ's old source to 0.8.0 and adding new weird things for added fun.

Right now it is purely experimental, I will be putting up a playground sandbox for players to instantly become level 30 with spells/gear and the ability to be transported to an instanced version of a battleground-like scenario where you need to siege a castle.

For now this server has no guarenteed up time, nor is it for any purpose other than testing, but later I plan to create a LDoN-influenced PvP point reward system you can "cash in" PvP kills for gear etc. I'll go into details on how this portion works later.

I post progress at my old VZTZ forums, http://gigaplox.com/cov/

Feel free to reply here or at my forums to discuss what you think of this PvP server idea, granted I have kept it pretty vague thus far.

Good will be comprised of High Elves, Wood Elves, Vah Shir and Guktan races, along with neutral aligned races that choose to be good.

Evil will be comprised of Dark Elves, Trolls, Ogres, and Iksar races, along with neutral aligned races that choose to be evil.

This allows each side full access to all class combinations, so bards aren't good only etc, while keeping races that are obviously lawful or evil in their proper spot.

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com