View Single Post
Old 12-05-2018, 01:07 PM
pharone1
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosSlayerZ View Post
1 yes
2 yes
3 not an actual zone line as exists in game, but you can add "doors" or "teleports" or detect player approaching via script and zone them.
4 yes
5 yes
6 yes
7 there are achievements in EQ? Like WoW type achievements???
8 yes
9 yes
10 mostly yes, not sure if you can create some base class abilities like KICK to actually show on the client as pre-made button but you can create abilities like disciplines. Yes for spells.
11 yes
12 yes
13 not sure if you can change selection in a client but you can set any race to any class via script
14 yes (see above)

Best of luck
Thank you for your answers!

By the way, they added the Achievement system in the Underfoot expansion. I prefer it over the traditional questing system because it has it's own window with completion progression (I think... can't remember actually) and the ability to give rewards on completion. So, if you use it as a quest system, the user can see their progress and know what they reward is upon completion as well as being able to see all of the achievements they have completed. Also, it is organized in to expansions and categories. I don't know how customisable it would be in EQEmu, but potentially you could create categories for the various zones you put in your game or something.

I forgot to ask above, but is the Collection system implemented in EQEmu? The collection system was implemented in the Rain of Fear expansion.

The collection system could be used as a tool for epic quests as well. Make it so that collectables drop off of particular mobs, and completing that collection gives you the epic reward or something like that.

Both the collection system and achievement system open up a world of possibilities for anyone designing their own world that I feel is vastly better than the traditional quest system built in to EQ. But, that's just my opinion.