View Single Post
Old 05-04-2017, 12:33 AM
kokey98
Hill Giant

if you want the entire checklist, only way is to make one of your own. you'll hve to look through the list... it's not as bountiful as they lead you to believe with all types of servers, it does however provide a good selection given it's a very old game and ... "free" ... but not neccessarily free for them to provide the server. take what we get and be appreciative of it, but a bit more realistic about it :p

some have those old drops, but not solo/bot - Visions of Grandeur as on example, i think... have to click "view" and look through them all -- but that tidbit may be found onthe forums... and may not be advertised at all.

raid addicts, ax classic, karana and dragons of mist have bots (no particular order) - not sure if oyu can do all the content on DoM with a group, but ax classic you can do an army of them after qesting for them. much slower exp and none/less of the modifications from your list. haven't played raid addicts much, i shy from highly custom and avoid higher levels (mainly the climb).

original graphics? you can control that on client side for many things... but other than that, maybe just takp, maybe another advertises it.

again, i could be wrong about anything above, just giving ideas... go look through the list, play a few for a short while, and pick one you enjoy.

----

Getting a server running is incredibly easy.. enabling bots can make it solo-able on its own. you can do more, too. akka's installer will do it all. read the Wiki guide all the way through before starting - just to have an understanding of the feedback the installer will provide as it sets up a fresh server. local loginserver is something you may want to use... good to read that section and plan appropriately during the "Main" instruction set.

as far as customizing it (like the DE mask in LGuk), maybe you can search forums for simple ways to add the things you listed -- like the old drops would be a prime candidate for others looking, asking and receiving that info or suggestions in the past in the forums. the work may be copyable, or at least start with it, and adjust it to new db schema -- mimic/ape it even if you don't know what it means, it will work.

could ask a server owner that does it to export various bits of their database without delving into anyhting the feel proprietary about. it doesn't have to be the entire thing.

with a very simple sql statment you could apply a 50% cut to hp to all npc between various levels with one click.. then maybe set raid targets to some stock 50k or whatever... can always test with a "filter" to make sure how you are selecting the data to be changed matches what you want to do. i'm really rusty, so i do that before running any sql command, if applicable.

Affecting NPC can be very easy with good selection criteria -- change en masse. very easy to screw up thousands, unintentionally, too, lol. maybe even break it... (BACKUPs!) however, the logic needed for it is very straightforward and will be nothing more difficult than multiplication/dividsion and maybe "greater than" or "less than" type logic etc. play with filters, google some example sql, and you will see.

or bump class spells and such as you play and make it viable slowly over time without bots with original NPC strength/hps etc... or combo of inmproved PCs as well as reduced npc.

even if you just do this on the side, occassionally. it can consume time and a bit fun, sometimes. sql is way easier than you think. always backup before fiddling witha database.. there's no "undo" / ctrl-z command, lol.