View Single Post
Old 03-05-2010, 07:15 PM
Arturon
Fire Beetle

Default New pvp/pve server in the works.

Hello, I'm a classic Tallon zek player that played on some of the EMU's. Me and some of my old friends are going to take on the challenge of a new classic/progression pve/pvp ruleset legit server. We have a very solid coder and people with good database and some programming knowledge in the group and after looking at the code we are pretty confident we can do what we want with it. We're open to suggestion on finalizing the ruleset, progression rate but here is what we have in mind:

- Box limit of two per IP
- Limited pvp while leveling
- Competitive pvp over raiding and high end item camps (pvp for spawns, no calendars)
- Zero tolerance for MQ, and I mean zero.
- GM's will NOT be players on the server.
- Gradual progression up to velious
- Fash-ish leveling speed (2x or so)
- Most items tradeable such as planar armor
- Coin loot
- Guild based pvp

More specific and less finalized ideas...

Pvp flagging: Dungeons will be hot zones with a high exp bonus, you will be flagged when you enter a dungeon at any level. Outside dungeons there will be little pvp range or no flag at all from 1-48. At 49 everyone becomes flagged at all times except for city zones, city zones would be unflagged at all times. Would need a workaround for leveling in city zones to 50, such as guards give zero exp or have 50k hps ect.

66% pvp dmg nerf for casters -- This was from live but it seemed to work pretty well until late kunark or so at least.

Binding only in city zones. Combined with the above, while limiting to casters would all but elminiate the issues of bind rushing and bind camping.

A good loot and scoot policy will be needed, again I'm up for discussion on this point. I came from tallon and played on tzvz briefly. I understand pvp and have seen the cause/effect of several iterations of the system.

So what do we need? Once we get the DB up, running, and pretty stable we need some testers. We'll have to pour over data to get resist rates where we want them. Also constructive feedback is greatly desired. We are reasonable guys, no decent idea will go unheard.