View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 12:54 PM
kokey98
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fridgecritter View Post
OK so the server binaries are way too old, and the database still has blobs in it, other issues as well. Pathing, NPC creation, all kinds of things are super bugged. I will be using Akka's installer to make a new install and I'm just gonna have to plug in the augments and add new augment slots all over again. But I'm gonna make the augments so you don't need a custom spell file. Progression requirements will go out the window, and peqzone will open. The quests from Lost World will have to be recreated. Lots of work to do. Unfortunately, that means a database wipe. Too many tables and fields to be updated to do them manually. It would take me a month.
you can export the entries that are edited and keepers then re-import when done -- if an easy way filter for them you don't even need to know the sql - context menus in mariadb can do it :p

similar experience - any edit i do to my database, i keep a duplicate of all the ocmmands run etc... all local changes are easily re-implemented if i screw up the db,which happens alot, since i am re-learning sql 20+ years later. i do have a archive dbackup, but i never remember what i did last ... i guess a lilttle corresponding local-changelog would be nice for reference, too.

(vnedors, changes to items anythign i edit - even with an archive, it's still backedup as the individual sql commands and tables of info to update default db etc -- especially the rule set -- i keep that a backup of it's own at all times.)