Thread: New Linux User
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2007, 07:53 AM
techguy84
Discordant

Quote:
however, if you really want to learn something about your system do a stage 3 install following handbook it is well worth the time it takes.
Hehehe, I laughed when I read this. This is the kinda stuff that makes me cry when I see it. Like all the little readmes bundeld with various linux sources for programs I use. Things like

Code:
"If you get errors your missing the gogogadgetlib.tar.gz.rpm.deb.qvc.rst.abc Stupid Noob go download it"
What the hell is a gogogadgetlib and where do I get it. Futhermore gogogadeget doest have a front end and the --help or -help. or --OMG commands only show me a bunch of stuff that makes me spend 9 more hours on a website forums using the search button because I am too scared to acutally post something.

It boils down to the fact that I am a hardware techguy, not a software techguy. I get dumbfounded quick when it comes down to anything that is naked and in the fetal posistion and I must compile it.

Code:
"Error 103adb34951230 - This is mostly do to the fact that you have abolutly no idea what your doing. Go back to Windows"

Of course this is somewhat of a dramatization, but you kinda see what I mean.

Anyhow, I am going to take a look at gentoo and see what its all about. Wish me luck.