View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 12:35 PM
Simbera
Fire Beetle

Default A connection to the server could not be reached.

Hello, I'm new here so I hope this isn't horrible etiquette making my first post about a technical issue I am having. I have tried to resolve the issue on my own, read the wiki, and the FAQ, as well as doing a search for the key phrase in the title on google restricting results to those only on the eqemulator forums. I have yet to find a resolution so I turn to the community for help.

Initially I installed EverQuest Titanium on my computer and accidently clicked on it and the patcher popped up and I snap closed it. I then made all the changes in the wiki and created an account here, and for the LS. I changed my eqhosts file, and the shortcut link to eqgame.exe patchme. I then followed the steps on project1999 and downloaded the 3 zip files and placed them in the correct folders overwriting files as necessary, and removed the files into a backup folder. I then tried to connect to the server and continuously got the error in the title.

I decided to go to bed and try again in the morning starting from scratch as I realized I could have caused problems initially when the patching program initially loaded up. This morning I opened Revo uninstaller and completely removed EverQuest Titanium from my computer, and started all over again, this time being sure the patcher never opened, and it didn't. I followed the steps again and attempted to log in getting the same error. I then tried the following combinations:
1.) Turned off firewall, staying hard wired to my router.
2.) Turned firewall back on, hard wired directly to my modem.
3.) Turned firewall off, stayed hard wired directly to my modem.
4.) Turned firewall back on, hard wired back to my router.

In all 4 cases I tried multiple attempts to log in and again got the same exact error every single time.

I hope that I have provided sufficient detail, and shown that I was willing to attempt to solve this problem on my own before turning to the community for help. I appreciate all responses, and advice.

Cheers!
John