View Single Post
Old 12-21-2015, 07:19 PM
tdanger84
Fire Beetle

Huppy, you are correct, but in order for people to do things like that there has to be some kind of benefit. I will use your server as an example because I played on it for awhile. You have merchants that sell defiant gear for all level ranges, as well as jewelry and summoned items. This is exactly the formula for the "eq leveling" experience that you were describing. why bother venturing out to different dungeons looking for equipment upgrades and such when better gear is available to be bought from a merchant? At that point leveling is basically all there is to do. IMO if you want the more original EQ experience of doing quests and adventuring to different zones looking for cool drops then the rewards should be worth the effort. I have played on pretty much every server I could find on emu and to me the ones that are the most fun are the ones that let you obtain all the original equipment and such and either tune it up or tune down the content to fit. It is also cool to lower req lvl, and remove lore/no drop tags on items.