View Single Post
Old 03-13-2017, 12:00 PM
sunbeam
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excuses View Post
You obviously didn't read it at all.

GRUMPY didn't deserve that blast, period.
So it's he said/he said is it?

Kavanah has exactly 2 posts on this thread.

This was his first:

"Increase xp by 2x
Increase stats 2-3x
Increase pets 2x
Scale mobs for soloing w/ merc
I hate to be pessimistic but I highly doubt you see more than 10 people logged in at once.
It needs to be a solo server. GL!"

Seems pretty reasonable to me.

Maybe you are the one who needs to go back and read that? Then Grumpy's response?

I'd actually say Grumpy is the one who should apologize to Kavanah, whose response was entirely accurate, based solely on this thread.

But since I'm rereading this thread, going back to the first page, jhiller wrote:

"And how long before you get bored of this and abandon it? I cannot believe anyone would play on one of your servers. No one's characters are safe. How many is this for you now? Any player can go back years and years ago and see all the threads of the abandoned servers you created. You just start them up, play with them a while and then either get pissed or bored of it and abandon. This is going to be like watching a rerun of "Groundhog Day" with Bill Murray."

So what's the story here? I've actually encountered this in my own EMU experience. Is this the MO?

And if it is, don't you think this needs to be known by players before they invest time (and we are all EMU players and know what "time" means) in this server?

Who the hell wants to spend time camping some mob for a Circlet of Shadows or something, then find the next day that the server has gone away?

Actually I'm aware of you get what you pay for. If someone makes a server for the first time, people like it and play, but the dev finds he doesn't have the time it really takes, or his life has changed and he can't do it anymore...

No biggie. Happens. Hope things go well for you.

But if someone starts them up, over and over, and the same pattern plays out?

That's something I want to know up front.