View Single Post
Old 10-16-2004, 08:17 AM
Edgar1898
Former EQEmu Developer
Current EQ2Emu Lead Developer

Default Re: Problems in LAN environment

Quote:
Originally Posted by garim12
Ok, I've been playing around with this for a few hours and here's what I'm trying to get working now:

I set it up as you said to run the server and the client on the same machine. I put an entry in my accounts table and logged in with that username and password. While it was loading, it created a new record in the account table with the username "®ñÎ?". I got to the character select screen, created a character, and logged in. Everything was working fine.
You didnt make the account properly, world shouldnt try to make an account, if it does, then its not setup properly. Walk through all the steps and verify your doing exactly what it says.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garim12
Another thing we noticed, no matter what we type in for username and password, it lets us in and brings us to that one account that it created. It doesn't matter what we type, what's in the database, or what ip addresses are in the minilogin_ip field. We both always end up looking at the same character. I deleted all accounts and started over, and arrived at the same place.
Only one account can be played on at a time per ip address, you have to specify a different ip address for each one.

Oh, one other note, make sure you have the right version of the server. If you didnt get the source or binaries that hit cvs about 10 hours ago, you wont be able to login properly.